Tux Paint 0.9.31 — July 2023
If you are still using Tux Paint 0.9.30, please see that version's "Known Issues" list.
All Versions (global issues)
- Tux Paint loads very slowly
- The first time Tux Paint is launched (for a particular user), it may take a minute or more to respond. The font system used by Tux Paint (Pango) is creating a 'cache' of information about the fonts on your system. Subsequent launches of Tux Paint should be fast.
While the font cache is generated behind the scenes, Tux Paint should remain interactive (showing an animated 'please wait' animation) while this process runs.
No known issues
macOS- and OS X-specific issues
- 'Unidentified developer' error
- Recent versions of macOS have default security settings that prevent programs which were downloaded outside of Apple's "App Store" from being launched.
Apple provides instructions here for installing and launching apps from "unidentified developers."
No known issues
- Tux Paint requires Bluetooth access to run
- Tux Paint uses the Simple DirectMedia Layer library (libSDL), which requires Bluetooth access to run. External controllers and keyboards may work with Tux Paint. Our goal is for an upcoming version to not require Bluetooth, but make an option.
Older Versions' Known Issues:
- 0.9.30 (May 2023)
- 0.9.29 (April 2023)
- 0.9.28 (June 2022)
- 0.9.27 (November 2021)
- 0.9.26 (June 2021)
- 0.9.25 (December 2020)
- 0.9.24 (May 2020)
- 0.9.23 (September 2014)
- 0.9.22 (August 2014)
- 0.9.21 (June 2009)
- 0.9.20 (June 2008)
- 0.9.19 (March 2008)
- 0.9.18 (November 2007)
- 0.9.17 (July 2007)
- 0.9.16 (October 2006)
- 0.9.15 (November 2005)
How do I tell what version I have?
Tux Paint displays its version number at the bottom left corner of its splash screen. You can also run "
tuxpaint --version" from a command-line terminal, check your Tux Paint installation's documentation pages, or tell from the name of the installation file you downloaded (e.g., "
tuxpaint-X.Y.Z-windows-x86_64.zip"). The "
tuxpaint --verbose-version" may also be useful.
If you have problems...
You can contact us. Be sure to tell us what version of Tux Paint you're using, what operating system and OS version you're using (e.g., "Windows 10" vs. "macOS 10.15"), and where you got your copy of Tux Paint from (our website, some other website, a magazine CDROM, etc.).
Our Having Problems? page provides some tips on debugging crash and freeze issues with Tux Paint, so we can help solve the problem.