Tux Paint 0.9.17
(Note: A newer version is
- All Versions (Global bugs)
- Arabic and Telugu text is not rendered properly
- This is a known issue. Tux Paint 0.9.18 will use
the Pango library (via the "SDL_Pango" wrapper library) for
rendering text, so on systems that can use it, these issues will be
- Some SVG-based stamps do not appear correctly
- (This affects Windows, Red Hat Linux, and older
Fedora CORE Linux builds, as well as any other platform
where Tux Paint was build with the "oldsvg" option.)
This is a known issue, and is a bug in the SVG rendering library.
A newer Windows build, or version 0.9.18, will resolve this, but
as of July 2007 neither is available.
- Tux Paint will not print
- (This seems to mainly affect Windows systems that have never had
Tux Paint installed on them before.)
Upon a fresh install of Tux Paint 0.9.17, there is no
"print.cfg" file in the "userdata" directory. This prevents
Tux Paint from printing when clicking the 'Print' button and
selecting 'Yes' to print. You can have Tux Paint generate a
"print.cfg" file by bringing up the Windows printer dialog.
Run Tux Paint in windowed mode (not fullscreen mode), hold
the [Alt] key on the keyboard, and click 'Print'. Thereafter,
Tux Paint should print fine, without needing to hold the [Alt]
key. (Thanks to 'opakapaka2002'.)
- Tux Paint prints wrong or cut off
- An updated build of Tux Paint 0.9.17 (just the
tuxpaint.exe" executable, which should go in, e.g.,
C:\Program Files\TuxPaint\") has been created
which should fix this issue.
Get it from ftp://ftp.tuxpaint.org/unix/x/tuxpaint/testbuilds/win32/
- Mac OS X
- Nothing happens when Tux Paint is double-clicked on
OS X 10.2.8
- The Mac OS X build of Tux Paint 0.9.17 is not currently compatible
with Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8. We are looking into how to fix this.
In the meantime, you can download version 0.9.14
(from October 2005) from
- An error is shown running the Stamps installer
- Stamps 2007.07.01 was initially built incorrectly, which caused
errors on Mac OS X 10.3. In September 2007,
an updated version (2007.07.01b) was released.
Get it from the
Mac OS X
- The Stamps download file appears as an Excel or Filemaker spreadsheet
- This is apparently a problem with some browsers on the Mac
(notably, Internet Explorer). Simply renaming the file
so that it ends in ".dmg" appears to work around this problem.
(Apple's Safari browser does not appear to have this problem.)
- Tux Paint prints garbage
- (This affects Tux Paint running in certain locales.)
This is due to scaling and translation values in the PostScript
output being localized (so that the decimal point character is
replaced), sending unexpected values to the printer.
Run Tux Paint in the 'C' locale, or any other that uses
the period (".") character as a decimal point (e.g., an English
locale), or print the image(s) using an external program.
Did you know? Tux Paint is named after Tux the penguin, the mascot of the Linux operating system. "Tux" is short for tuxedo.