This page archives older versions of Tux Paint for various platforms and OSes for which ports are not actively maintained by the Tux Paint development team, or which are simply legacy platforms. View the main "Downloads" page to access the latest version for currently-supported platforms.
Tux Paint is completely free software, released as “Open Source” software, under the provisions of the GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2. This means you may download it and install it on as many machines as you wish, copy it for friends and family, and give it to your local schools. In fact, we encourage this!
Tux Paint runs on most systems, but check the Requirements if you're unsure whether your system can support it.
- Windows 95, 98, ME
Users of Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME, can download and run this simple installer application to get a Tux Paint.
(A stand-alone ZIP-file version, also known as a "Portable" version, is available, as well.)
- openSUSE Linux Packages
- openSUSE users can download pre-compiled Tux Paint packages for their release and architecture from software.opensuse.org.
- Ubuntu Linux Packages
- Ubuntu users can download pre-compiled Tux Paint packages for their release and architecture from Launchpad.
- OLPC XO-1 Activity
- Owners of the One Laptop per Child "XO-1" can download a build of Tux Paint that runs on their device.
Linux Distribution Packages
- Blackberry Playbook tablet users can download "Tux Paint" from Blackberry World.
- pkgsrc Packages
- Users of Unix-like operating systems that use the 'pkgsrc' package management system (e.g. NetBSD) can learn about the pkgsrc packages for Tux Paint.
- Zaurus Packages
- Owners of Sharp Zaurus PDAs capable of displaying 640x480 graphics can install Tux Paint packages.
- Maemo (Nokia 770/N800/N900) Packages
- Owners of the Nokia 770 and N800 internet tablet, and N900 smartphone can download Tux Paint.
- BeOS users can download and install Tux Paint and necessary libraries here.
- OS/2 users can download pre-compiled Tux Paint for OS/2 systems.
- iOS 4.3 (iPad)
- iPad users with iOS 4.3 or later can purchase a port called "Tux Paint HD" from iTunes. Unfortunately, this version is no longer available.
Did you know? You can help us translate Tux Paint to your language.